If you are like most you do, but no where near enough. If I could get everyone I know to drink a gallon a day it would be one of the best days ever for me! Now I am not saying you NEED to drink a gallon a day like me, but there are SO many benefits to drinking more. Start with getting the ideal 8 glasses a day (meaning 8 8oz cups!). Once you accomplish that, increase it a little more I promise you will feel better!!
Here are some benefits of good ol’ H20!
- First off its relatively cheap!
- It balances your electrolytes and body temperature
Did you know your body is made up of about 60% water?
- When your bodys water is decreased by just 1% you get thirsty
- At 5% your muscle strength and endurance begins to decline
- at 10% you can become delirious and have blurred vision
- at 20% death can even occur!!
Now I am not trying to scare you, but you must replenish the water you lose! You lose about 1-2 liters an hour with exercise, you lose through sweat, urination, saliva, and other bodily functions.
- It also helps regulate kidney function and release the body of harmful toxins
- It can make you skin look refreshed and not as dry! Dehydrated skin typically is dry and can even appear more wrinkly!
- It makes you consume less, try drinking a glass right before you eat! You will feel fuller, preventing yourself from eating as much if you are dieting. It also can regulate and control cravings! I always find when I am thinking I am hungry I am actually only thirsty, I drink a big glass of water and viola much better ;)!
Try drinking more! You and your body can thank me later :D!